Are you a Kensington Market supporter who misses the tastes and smells of the bustling streets of Kensington? Have you heard about this popular and quirky community and want to finally see what the fuss is about?
Since we can't bring you on our famous Kensington Market 'Taste the Market' Food Tour right now, we're bringing Kensington Market to you! Travel the world through the bites of some of Kensington Market's most iconic and popular foods. At the same time, support a historic neighbourhood that has been disproportionately affected by COVID-19.
Kensington Market has a unique character and soul in Toronto. Waves of immigration throughout the decades has created a lively, multicultural hub that makes Kensington the best place in Toronto to experience a variety of ethnic eats in one meal. Throughout the years, it has managed to retain its immigrant, working-class culture in the face of rampant gentrification, fighting to keep Big Business out of the area and allowing small, locally-owned businesses to continue flourishing.
Heavily dependent on foot traffic and tourism, Kensington Market has been heavily impacted by COVID-19. Help support Kensington Market through the pandemic and treat yourself, or a loved one, to a delicious global adventure at the same time!
What's in the Kensington Market Food Tour Goody Bag (serves 2 - 4):
- Freshly roasted single-origin coffee beans (50g) from popular indie micro-roaster Moonbean Coffee Company
- Frozen momos aka Tibetan dumplings (10 pieces) to cook fresh from Tibet Cafe & Bar, including the best vegetarian momos in Toronto
- The top selling hot sauce (148ml) from local specialty gift store Blue Banana Market, the perfect pairing for your momos
- Home-made hummus (1 bowl) from famous Turkish eatery Best Istanbul - it's been reported to be so good that once you start dipping, you can't stop
- Authentic Jamaican Ginger Beer (355ml) from the iconic Jamaican grocery store, Caribbean Corner, a unique spicy-sweet thirst quencher
- Fresh Chinese buns (4 pieces) from Ding Dong Pastries & Cafe, one of Chinatown's oldest bakeries
- Frozen churros (350g) from Pancho's Bakery, ready-to-bake whenever you want to enjoy Toronto's most famous churros
*some items may change due to availability
This item will be hand-delivered to you on May 21, Friday between the hours of 10am - 5pm. We can only deliver within GTA. Due to the type of foods included, it is ideal that you are home to receive the goody bag. If you are not home and we are not able to leave it in front of your door or with a concierge, we will not be able to redeliver (no refunds).
May 21 doesn't work for you? Sign up here to be notified of future ship dates.